Digital badges are online emblems of skills achieved. Earning an Earthdreamer Level 4 badge requires learning, practicing, and mastering a set of capacities for crafting your own Earth-honoring spiritual practice. All levels include passing along the skills and ideas acquired to other learners.
level 4 skills
- Track inner and outer cycles: moods and meteorology, energy level and seasonal changes, and the symbolism of how natural forces influence you.
- Create a seasonal transition celebration and leavetaking list with corresponding exercises and activities.
- Go on and report back on a Tour of Altared States in which what you encounter appears as a sacred presence with gifts to reveal.
- Explain the value and importance of hearing, learning from, and telling sacred stories featuring our relations with animate nature.
- Design and create an art project with some aspect of the natural world as a co-creator.
- Design and present a ritual, image show, and exercise on what you have learned from the Certificate in Earthdreaming.
- Assembly of a meaningful frame of reverent rituals, useful readings, contemplative skills, and daily musings
- Life-style enhancing practices that welcome in “spirit” as a non-dogmatic awe of the world around and within us
- Practice interpreting sacred stories and folklore to find their life-affirming wisdom
- Practice partnering with nature for creative projects
- Knowledge of the importance and value of ritual creation
- Healing from religious trauma
- Perception of ordinary things as lively, magical, and evocative presences.
….is “dreaming” in these senses:
- Exploring how our night dreams reflect living presences all around us;
- Reenchanting our relations with ourselves, each other, and the world;
- Playing with the idea of the things around us “dreaming” with us;
- Imagining together to dream up a just and Earth-honoring future;
- Turning these dreams into realities we can all delight to live in.
the big picture:
really living HERE
Wealth, laws, and technology by themselves cannot bring about a new way of being here on Earth with each other. For that we need new stories and skills for coming home to our sentient and still-beautiful homeworld.
“Shall I not have intelligence with the earth? Am I not partly leaves and vegetable mould myself?”
— Henry David Thoreau