Digital badges are online emblems of skills achieved. Earning an Earthdreamer Level 2 badge requires learning, practicing, and mastering a set of capacities for creative and transformative storytelling. All levels include passing along the skills and ideas acquired to other learners.
level 2 skills
- Explain the science behind why storytelling can be more persuasive and trust-building than debating, arguing, or piling up facts and statistics.
- Learn and articulate the psychology behind how fostering realistic optimism can strengthen people’s motivation for creating beneficial change.
- Practice effective storytelling and receive respectful feedback for improvement.
- Conduct exercises that allow people to envision new possible futures to move toward.
- Practice techniques of heartsteading: building small communities for mutual support, concerted action, dreaming together, and experimenting.
- Craft a proposal for bringing transformative storytelling to a local or online venue.
- Enhanced presentation and persuasion skills
- Practice teaching others to envision new possible futures
- Empathy-building through fictional and mythic storytelling
- Ideas and practices for creating mini-communities of support and experimentation
- Practice mentoring others in listening, mediating, and conversing productively
- Techniques for building moods of hope and inspiration through shared imagining
- Psychological tools for maintaining wonder and creativity in difficult times.
….is “dreaming” in these senses:
- Exploring how our night dreams reflect living presences all around us;
- Reenchanting our relations with ourselves, each other, and the world;
- Playing with the idea of the things around us “dreaming” with us;
- Imagining together to dream up a just and Earth-honoring future;
- Turning these dreams into realities we can all delight to live in.
the big picture:
really living HERE
Wealth, laws, and technology by themselves cannot bring about a new way of being here on Earth with each other. For that we need new stories and skills for coming home to our sentient and still-beautiful homeworld.
“Shall I not have intelligence with the earth? Am I not partly leaves and vegetable mould myself?”
— Henry David Thoreau