Digital badges are online emblems of skills achieved. Earning an Earthdreamer Level 1 badge requires learning, practicing, and mastering a set of capacities for somatically and behaviorally reconnecting with nature, place, and planet. All levels include passing along the skills and ideas acquired to other learners.
level 1 skills
- Deploy a set of healing and calming practices involving safe, transformative contact with the natural world as available in daily life.
- Practice various body sensitivity exercises in different locales to understand how inner and outer domains of experience interact.
- Understand and apply alternatives to denial, helplessness, and other pitfalls of eco-anxiety.
- Explore and explain these details of where one lives: local history, geology, climate, resources and infrastructure, plants, animals, insects, cultural trends, and traditional stories.
- Apply dream interpretation techniques to explore and deepen inner responses to the things of the world: the elements, places, objects, landscapes.
- Trace overlapping primal patterns in nature, consciousness, and the body.
- Lower anxiety, frustration, distraction; increased focus, calm, energy, and well-being
- Replacement of alienation from world with concern and care
- Mental flexibility and renewed creativity by moving beyond fixed attitudes into the flow of symbols, images, and metaphors
- Appreciation of the deep nature wisdom in original stories
- Practice mentoring others in important self-care skills
- Knowledge of the status of the local ecosystem
- Enhanced tending of emotions and bodily perceptions; a more grounded way of being here.
….is “dreaming” in these senses:
- Exploring how our night dreams reflect living presences all around us;
- Reenchanting our relations with ourselves, each other, and the world;
- Playing with the idea of the things around us “dreaming” with us;
- Imagining together to dream up a just and Earth-honoring future;
- Turning these dreams into realities we can all delight to live in.
the big picture:
really living HERE
Wealth, laws, and technology by themselves cannot bring about a new way of being here on Earth with each other. For that we need new stories and skills for coming home to our sentient and still-beautiful homeworld.
“Shall I not have intelligence with the earth? Am I not partly leaves and vegetable mould myself?”
— Henry David Thoreau