“Dr. Craig Chalquist is an extraordinary psychology scholar and educator who offers students and helping professionals exciting new ways of understanding and incorporating reconnective nature work into their lives and professional practices.”
—Linda Buzzell, ecotherapist and psychotherapist
- Ecopsychology / ecotherapy
- Psychodynamic therapy
- Family Systems Therapy
- Depth psychology
- Applied Folklore
Because continuing education (CE) helps us stay relevant in our areas of practice, the offerings below draw on several fields of research and praxis to make tools and models available for professionals working with Earth in mind.
These days, that means not only psychologically reconnecting with nature, but managing issues of eco-anxiety, grapping with environmental justice, working with the ecological aspects of human health, and doing our best to revision what healthy, sustainable, and even delightful forms of community might look like.
As we work with people, drawing on new narratives – or new interpretations of old ones bearing wisdom – can increase the range of options for our clients as they make their way in an increasingly turbulent time.
This workshop will also offer tools and insights for people not currently working clinically or medically but interested in the transformative possibilities in using story, tending the imaginal, and fostering enchantivism for deep cultural change.
has you in mind.”
~ James Hillman
Course to be rescheduled
9 am – 3 pm Pacific Time
Restorying Our Lives on a Changing Planet
We can’t escape story. We understand our lives as a story; tell stories about where we come from; receive family stories; review knowledge of place and planet as though it were a story. We also tell ourselves and exchange stories about what is now happening to Earth’s climate and ecosystems.
In this online workshop we will probe the practical power of story, asking why it remains so central to both personal and collective psychology.
We will also review the research on the power of storytelling to create inner and outer change.
Total CE credits: 6.
After considering the motivational importance of inspiration and enchantment, we will then practice storytelling techniques to assess how they can deepen emotional understanding, clarify psychological family legacies, foster personal and relational healing (therapists take note), and realign ecopsychologically to our changing Earth.
The workshop will also include an overview of current research on a) the power of storytelling, and b) how even simple methods of reconnecting with nature enhance psychological health and wellness.
This workshop offers 6 Continuing Education hours. Teachings are appropriate for healthcare professionals as well as the general public. Healthcare professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. If you are taking the workshop for CE credits, you will pay $25 for the certificate.
The cost is $175 if you need CE credit and $150 if you do not. Pick the right button:
signup for continuing ed (ce) version
signup for non-continuing ed version
Information on Continuing Education Credit for Health Professionals
- CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) which is co-sponsoring this program. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- LCSWs, MFTs, and other mental health professionals from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board as to whether or not they accept programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- SCRC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP16887) for licensed nurses in California.
- For questions about receiving your Certificate of Attendance, contact Craig Chalquist at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about CE, visit www.spiritualcompetency.com or contact David Lukoff, PhD at CE@spiritualcompetency.com.